Do you find yourself wondering what your purpose in life is? What were you created for? Is there continual chatter in your head like; I’m not enough, I’m not doing enough, I should do something more with my life, etc.?
Well beautiful momma, I am here to tell you, you are enough, you are more than enough. Being a Mom, raising your little ones into incredibly amazing little humans and then into adults, this, I believe is your purpose in life right now.
Being a Mom is your Purpose
Cherish your little ones because your life with your little ones is so, so short. They grow up so fast and the time they are little will be gone in the blink of an eye.
I know right now you feel like your life is only spit up, throw up, dirty clothes, kid activities/chauffering, cartoons, and you haven’t seen another adult in days. You feel lost, maybe even depressed, or just down in the dumps! I called this feeling ‘Blah’!
I’ve been there, I’ve been where you are right now. I’ve walked in your shoes and fully know that your feet down right hurt sometimes! You carry a heavy load, it may not be the weight of the world but it is the weight of your family and it is heavy and you are tired, drained!
Always feeling like life is a constant struggle, not feeling like enough, not doing enough, not having enough, guilt over working or not working, etc. You beat yourself up & put yourself down.
You don’t remember the last time you did anything for yourself. You don’t even know what you would do because you’ve lost you in the chaos of your family. You have no idea what you enjoy doing, your desires, your passions. Your life is so blended with your little ones, with your family that you’ve lost sight of you.
I promise you, you are still in there!! And we are going to find that beautiful, amazing woman!
All of this can be changed. You can love life, love yourself, be happy even when doing laundry or cleaning up toys! You can still thrive in your life as a mom, feel alive, full of passion, and make your life everything you want it to be. That’s what I’m here for, that’s why I’m spilling my guts, putting it all out on the table, to share with you that I’ve been there, I know how you feel, I’ve walked in your shoes, and to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel, it doesn’t have to feel like a struggle!
You can still thrive as woman while being Mom!
You are not alone.
But first: Please, please listen to me. Cherish every single moment that you have right now. Be in the moment, every moment with your little one. I know you may hear this all the time but they do grow up in the blink of an eye. Really take this in, because they won’t be so little for very long. I cannot stress this enough, to slow down and enjoy this time. I know it’s tough sometimes, really, really tough! But take it from me with two teenage daughters, one about to graduate high school & my baby not far behind, one day you will look back and wonder how you got here, where the time has gone, and you will miss all those moments when they were little.
Cherish Every Moment with your Little Ones
Second: Stop the chatter in your head that says what your doing is not enough, because it is, you are doing one of the most important things you can do in this life and that is bringing life into this world and getting them ready for that world.
Be Kind to Yourself
Third: Enjoy this time, every single moment because one day:
- You won’t hold them in your arms anymore
- They will never call you Mommy again
- They will never say ‘mommy let’s play’
- They will never take their little hand in yours
- They won’t ask for bedtime stories anymore or for you to sing ‘you are my sunshine’ (this was ours)
- They will never say I love you more than the whole entire world (again this was part of our bedtime ritual!)
- They will no longer crawl up your lap and cuddle
- The hugs and kisses will come fewer and fewer
- They will want to be by themselves or with their friends more than you
- They will start driving, start looking at colleges, start dating, and then graduate high school and spread their wings. And this is one thing that being Mom is all about, getting them ready for this.
Enjoy Every Moment with Your Little Ones
Fourth: I believe Dear Mom, this is one thing you were created for, this is your purpose right now to teach & love your babies and get them ready to spread their wings… there is nothing more important. This is what God wants you to do. This I believe is your purpose at this time in your life, this is what you were meant to do right now. You were given these beautiful souls for a reason. Whether you believe in God or not, you brought them into this world, you need to love them, cherish them, and prepare them.
You were created to do beautiful things and being Mom is one of those things!
Oh dear Momma, I know this all seems so sad and depressing the thought of them growing up, trust me it brings me to tears.
I am here to give you inspiration and encouragement to help you through what I’ve already been through. I need something more in my life because of all those moments that I don’t have any more. I have a desire in my heart to help you realize you are wonderfully made, a beautiful Mom with so much greatness in you. I want you to feel deep in your soul that you are enough, I want you to find love for yourself, I want you to love life so deeply that you wake up every day fully happy and ready to be that amazing Mom that you were created to be…
If I could go back to my little ones with what I know now, oh my god the moments I would just treasure. You have a once in a lifetime chance for these moments. Your kids are only little once. My wish for you is that you get this, deep in your heart you get this:
- You have one shot at these once in a lifetime moments, so hold on tight while you can because one day you will have to let go
- Every moment with your kids is a once in a lifetime chance because they won’t be little for long and those moments you will never get them back. They will be just a memory (P.S. take many pictures; memories begin to fade as you get older)
- YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE to create these moments
- Time is slipping by so fast. Life is so short and your life as a mom to them being little will pass by so quickly
- EMBRACE EVERY MOMENT & CHERISH ALL THE TIME YOU HAVE WITH YOUR LITTLE ONES
- You only get one chance; they will only be little once
- Time is the most precious thing you have; you can always make money. You can’t make time & you can’t make them little again
- The work will still be there, time won’t, they won’t
- The chores will still be there, time won’t, they won’t
- Time will be gone and so will your babies, they won’t be your little ones long
If I could go back:
- I would cuddle more, hold them more, play more, sing more, dance more, color more, be more silly, just be happier…
- I would crawl on the floor and play more instead of being frustrated with the mess & cleaning up after them
- I would take more time with them
- I would treasure every moment instead of letting others allow me to feel like I wasn’t enough, that what I was doing wasn’t enough
- I would realize that just because I wasn’t contributing financially to our family that this ultimately didn’t matter. That the little lives that were in my care, that I was blessed with, these little miracles I was given to raise, that this is the most important thing I could do, the money, the material things, the persona we try to keep up with… None of it matters (as long as you have a roof over your head, food to eat, love, health, and happiness)
- I would wake up and realize my greatness in every moment of being a young mom, to realize I was a good mom, and loving my little girls with all my heart was enough because the rest would come, I would figure it out, I would learn, I would grow, and it would all be okay. Love will lead the way!
- I wouldn’t let our society or other people’s opinions make me feel like I wasn’t doing enough. Because I may not have been a successful career woman but I was and am doing one of the most important jobs there could be for me. (this could be different for anyone else) God gave me these little miracles, these beautiful souls for a reason.
- I would take care of myself more: mind, body, and soul. Because we need to nurture ourselves to fully be everything that we can possibly be for our families. It’s not selfish, it’s love for ourselves so that we have love to share. Self-Love is a necessity.
Here is one of the most touching videos/songs I have ever listened to about wishing our children would just slow down & stop growing. Every time I listen to it I cry, I mean seriously grab some tissues, it will pull at your heart strings. Oh I wish I could somehow get my girls to slow down. So Dear Beautiful Momma, watch this and then realize they don’t slow down, so please Cherish Every Moment.
I’m sorry I didn’t mean to make you cry:(
My final thoughts to you;
If there is one thing that I want to help you with from this blog, is that I want you to love yourself and be happy with who you are and where you are in life right now. Because beautiful momma, I believe, being Mom is your purpose and is one of the most amazing gifts in this life that God has given us. You just need to realize it, be grateful, and focus on all the good in your life and all the time you have with your little ones.
When you focus on all the good things, instead of the negative (such as; constantly thinking about what you don’t like & what annoys you: dirty clothes, messy house, crying kids, kids who won’t listen, kids who are going to rob you of your sanity, feeling like your husband is helping enough…) then your mind will not have the chance to be flooded with feelings like you’re not enough, doubts, feelings of insecurity, etc.…
Focus on the good things!!
The most important thing you will ever do for your children is to love yourself & take care of yourself. Because listen to me loud & clear, you are enough, there is so much greatness in you and those little ones need you to see it so that you can be the best mom you can be for them. If only I would have believed this, how much more amazing those moments could have been. The only thing I can do is realize it now and be the best mom I can be to my teenage girls and enjoy every moment I still have with them.
P.S. I’ve created a post in connection with this, Learning to Say Yes to You, Love Yourself & Take Care of Yourself: Tips to taking care of yourself and becoming the best version of yourself so that you can be the best Mom you can possibly be to those little miracles of yours, for your family, and for yourself! Self-love is not selfish.
With Love, Mara xoxo
I would love to give you inspiration & encouragement through your journey of motherhood! Please sign up to be on my mailing list to receive all the latest! Sign up to receive free printables to help you along the way!