I started this blog for multiple reasons but honestly 6 mos. prior to this I never really paid much attention to blogs and I had no idea how many amazing blogs were out there from many talented people full of so much information and creativity. I really discovered the world of blogging through Instagram, which I signed up for at the request of my kids to like their pictures!! I realized Instagram was great, I had no idea people shared pictures of their beautiful homes and décor!! So of course this led me to many wonderful blogs. And then I realized this blogging thing is pretty cool, they are sharing their hobbies, interests, and passions. This intrigued me, they were using blogging as a creative outlet and some becoming pretty successful with it.
I wanted, needed a creative outlet for things I enjoy doing and things I love in my life! I could share about being a wife & mom, decorating, celebrating/hosting parties, trying to live my best life, getting healthy & fit, traveling, and inspiring others & myself. Because ultimately I want to become the best version of myself.
Most of all I need something to do to fill a hole/an emptiness that has begun to grow because I realize in a few short years my world as I know it is going to change; both of my girls will be gone, off to college or living their own lives. I don’t want to wake up one day depressed trying to figure out how to live my life without my girls around, so I’m being proactive and trying to get a handle on it now. I’m hoping that this will fill the hole and prevent empty-nest syndrome, mid-life crisis, depression, you get the idea!!
I had no freaking idea what I was doing and am still don’t! It’s been quite a learning curve and as soon as I decided to start it seemed I could never find the time. I had months of research, talking myself into it, overcoming fear of putting myself out there and criticism, self-doubt, etc. You can read more about my fears, etc. here: Top Reasons We Never Start Something New
Here are more of my reasons for starting my blog:
- A space to call my own and be free to be myself
- A hobby, an escape from the everyday routine of my office job
- To help me grow and try to be the best me I can be
- A place to share things I love and things I learn
- I enjoy writing, researching & learning new things
- To inspire others to be happier, live healthier, and create a life they love
- A collection of my party planning, decorating, & entertaining
- An online journal of my life that I can always come back to and appreciate everything I’ve done and be grateful for all that I have
- I have been blessed with my life, I want to make the most out of what I have been given
- Most importantly I want to be an inspiration to my girls. By documenting my dreams, desires, inspirations, and successes, my girls will see it and hopefully be inspired to follow their dreams, to believe in themselves, and live life to the fullest
- I want to make the most out of this life I’ve been given, I want to celebrate and experience the hell out of life
- This is a place to push me and hold me accountable to go fucking live life, be happy no matter what, and be grateful for all that I have
- I want to learn to truly love myself & live a more intentional life
- I want to be free from self–doubt, negative thinking, sabotaging self-talk, and fear holding me back from living life
- There is so much I want to learn and do. This is my road to self-discovery, beyond being a wife and momma
- What we focus on & think about we create more of in our lives. I want to use this blog to focus on the good things in my life, the things I love, things I’m passionate about and enjoy doing, my dreams & ideas, inspiring & motivating others to live and love their lives to the fullest
- ‘What do I have to give back?’ Because of what has been given to me, I am beyond blessed and so grateful for my life, I want to pay it forward by inspiring, encouraging, and motivating others.
- I enjoy doing, learning, and researching new things. An assortment of topics; decorating, health, our minds & why we do what we do, positive thinking, entertaining, and more. It’s a little bit of this and a little bit of that! Really anything that has absolutely nothing to do with my day-to-day routine, unless I’m sharing some business tips! My blog topics will pretty much change according to what I’m into at any given time.
~Life is too short to not find something we love doing~
So to wrap things up here, this is basically my philosophy:
We only get one shot at this life! I want to make the most of it!
Our time here is short and the clock is ticking, I want to live this life as we were created to live it! We are capable of so much and there so many amazing possibilities for us!
I don’t want to wake up one day with regrets wondering where my life went and realizing I have no time left to live it. I want to live it now, I don’t want to wait for someday!
Don’t put off tomorrow when tomorrow may never come.
With Love, Mara
If you are like me when I first started I had no clue the extent of blogging or why people blog, Click here to read my post ‘What is blogging and Why do people do it?’